Friday, October 22, 2010

More working families getting government food aid - Yahoo! News

One in eight Americans are on food stamps. Thats a crazy number.

But I'm not surprised. With the way the economy is right now, I think that's the only way for some people to survive. Without it, they could be homeless and feeding their kids Raman noodles.

I'm not trying to be funny. How else are some people going to feed their families. We are not all fortunate enough to have family support. And some of us have disabilities that inhibit what types of jobs we can work. Not me, but I do know many.

I just hope that those who are receiving food stamps now have a plan in place to get out of poverty. Go to school or relocate to a place with jobs. I hope they remember they need to pay if forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment