Monday, November 21, 2011

8 Steps to Reversing Diabesity

I cannot speak for others, but I recently decided to cut out wheat and gluten products. The immediate cravings for carbs and the chronic hunger ceased! In addition, I had IBS and a dull burning pain on my right side that the doctors could not diagnose. I had this pain for about 10 years! Over the last several months, I requested several doctors to take a gluten test and I was blatantly told “NO”! In my opinion (and having a legal background) is a “failure to diagnose” issue. My pain is gone! My IBS – GONE! My cravings for carbs . . . GONE! I have lost about 10 lbs and my water retention has diminished considerably. I am not as exhausted and I do not have the severe brain fog. In addition, I also have less arthritic pain symptoms. I still eat carbs but focus on rice based products. While the FDA pushes fiber, fiber and more fiber, and all food products have wheat and gluten in them (from the obvious – breads, muffins, cakes, cookies, etc.) to soups, gravys, puddings, as well as cleaning products, body products and even Play-Doh and glue products! Whatever happened to the old expression: too much of a good thing isn’t good. I truly believe there are many, many people that have a gluten allergy that are going undiagnosed. This may actually be the root cause of obesity – based on the fact that what you are allergic to – you do crave! I recently read there is approximately 4-5% of the population that have a gluten allergy, and I think that number is far greater than we originally believed. Stay away from the carbs (substituting with rice and other based ingedients) and see what happens. I eat a bit of chocolate and can even have ice cream. I just stay away from the obvious wheat products and my hunger is so much more in control. Most of all – the pain on my side is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment