Monday, June 27, 2011

Portland Maine Realtors Featured Realtor | Portland Maine Realtors

Welcome to Portland Maine Realtors

By , on December 8th, 2010

Portland Maine Realtor proudly presents our featured Realtor, Joseph Labonte.

Buying a home can be intimidating, even downright frustrating.

Experts on your side, standing with you from offer to closing.

Do you worry about contracts, contingency clauses, and closing documents?

Let us find you that perfect home and make sure your experience is thrilling, rather than stressful.

Contact Joe Labonte at 207.242.2783

Hello!

Yes, I realize that “Portland Maine Realtors” is an odd name for a website, but there is a reason for choosing this particular combination of words.

You see, when a homeowner is looking to sell their house or a potential homeowner is looking to buy real estate in Portland, Maine -  be it a simple piece of land, a house, farm, etc. – there is a pretty good chance that you will log on to your computer and type in: Portland Maine Realtors…  or maybe Realtors Portland Maine in order to find a Realtor or real estate agent in the Portland Maine area to handle your real estate needs.

And I wanted you to find my website, because unlike other sites that may pop up – I do not own my own real estate company nor am I a real estate agent.

I’m actually an impartial consumer who was once in your shoes.  Although I’ve not had any bad experiences myself, I do have friends that have had a bad enough experience looking for and hiring local real estate agents.  That motivated me enough to create this site to help protect you.

It was kind of my civic duty to do so!

Now, I am not going to bash any real estate outfit out there but I will make a solid recommendation of a Realtor that is highly qualified and that you can trust to take care of you.  Of course, you’ll have to check back here to find out which one it might be, because I have to get their permission before hand.

In addition to this, I want to educate homeowners on how the process of selling their real estate works.   I want to give you enough knowledge to confidently make wise decisions about how their homes or property should be priced, and what gives your real estate the “buy me” appeal.  Or, if you are like many homeowners and scared to death of taking on this task alone, make an informed decision should you need to list your property with a Realtor or real estate agent in Portland Me to tackle the job.

So, if you are a homeowner, landowner, looking to be one, or anything in between, this site is definitely for you.

Before I got started in this epic quest to find a qualified Realtor, I really didn’t know much about the real estate business.  I did not know about mortgage rates, interest rates, closing costs or even what to look for when trying to choose a house.   Other than the way it looked… maybe you don’t either?

No worries!  I will cover all of this at Portland Maine Realtors.  We will look at the whole picture and you should have a better idea of how to purchase your dream home/property or to sell a home or property.

I’ve installed some widgets in the sidebar to the right that will show you the mortgage rates in the Portland real estate market, the interest rates for different loan terms, a closing costs calculator and an affordability calculator.   Also, I’ll go over some of the things you should look for when deciding to purchase real estate and how to give your home that “buy me” curb appeal if you’re looking to sell your property.

Most importantly:  this site will help you choose a Portland ME real estate agent.  An agent who is honest, professional and highly qualified to take of your real estate needs.

When you have a  little knowledge under your belt about the real estate business, you’ll be less apt to get ripped off and be dissatisfied with your final decision.

One word of warning…  You cannot rely on an organization like the Better Business Bureau to vouch for a company.

Most people are not aware of this, but the Better Business Bureau is not any type of official governing body like their name implies.  They are actually paid by the businesses they represent!  Can you say conflict of interest?  This little bit of info is a very eye opening fact about the BBB that you might want to check out.

It is also important that you know what organizations a Realtor should belong to – like the National Association of REALTORS a/k/a NAR or the International Real Estate Federation – American Chapter a/k/a IREF and in what areas do they hold a real estate license.

What is the owner of the company’s reputation?  Or are they just a guy/gal who has run out of companies to get fired from and started his or her own business?  If so, I doubt he/she is someone you’d want to handle such an important ordeal for you.

Is the home that you are seriously looking to buy up to the standard code of livability?  Or, are you going to have to invest a large amount of money in repairs just to be able to live in it?  I could go on and on but you get the picture.  Hopefully after spending a few minutes at my site, Portland Maine Realtors, you will be able to make an informed decision on whom to hire to be your real estate agent.

Comments are closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment