Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fuck you, Kids

I don’t have kids, but i saw this via another site and I just had to read it! (sorry, i’m a compulsive link clicker!). But i have to share these anecdotes because i know there are some here that will find the humor in them, as the best humor comes from truth. My best friend is a good person and a very good parent (can’t stress that enough) especially given her situation with 3 kids and a grandchild (all under the same roof at one point!) I assisted in “raising” my best friend and former roommate’s 13 year old, and my roommate’s granddaughter, (her 21 yo’s child, not the 13 yo’s! Lol) and we cussed out loud and in front of them ALL THE TIME! Roomie had a cat named Fucker. 13 yo hated swearing and she hated the cat’s name, so she called her Cheeseburger (not a creative child…but it was funny to us. Oh, we called the cat Fucker because she was the most irritating cat in the world.) 13 yo was called a dumbass, dumbfuck, smartass, rere, shit head, dumb shit, etc, almost daily. These were terms of love and endearment in our house. When we called her by her given name, she knew something was wrong. The baby is a affectionately called a little shit especially now that she is walking and talking and for the most part getting into EVERYTHING. But, the kids know that their mom/grandma loves them, and if she censored herself, then she just wouldn’t be who she is.
I was raised in a house where every cuss word except fuck was used. My mom hates that word. I can count on 1 hand the times i’ve heard her say it in my 26 years on earth. My mom said shit all the time. Well, actually, she sait “chit”. My little sister’s first words? A very clear and hearty “CHIT!” when she dropped her oreo. I was 8 or 9 at the time and i remember my mother say “well, chit! I mean, dammit! I mean, I have got to stop cussing!” My dad almost pissed himself. As was the trend in the 90′s i said “Ummmmm! I’m telling!” to which my mother said something like, “who? We’re all here!” I will never forget that day. Ever.
My point is, adults swear. A lot. And 9 times out of 10, especially if you send your child to public school, your kids are gonna hear it anyways. Isn’t it better that they hear it from you, and know what is being said, than having that weird conversation trying to explain what that other kid meant when they called your kid a shit head or a fucker? And what would be more satisfying than your kid giving little Billy on the playground an impromptu english lesson when they try to cuss at your kid, and get it all wrong? (another 13 yo moment at my house. Her mom and I were rolling. I’m a grammar nazi and so is her mom. That is an awesome kid.)
So, scary mommy, you rock for this article, because i know a whole hell of a lot of moms that swear out loud in front of their kids and are going to LOVE this article when i show it to them!

aaReply

No comments:

Post a Comment