Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ellen Rawding | Western Maine Art Group

Town: South Paris

Genre: Photography & Paintings

Artwork: Watercolor, Hand Painted Photography and Photography.

Artist biography:

Education:

Gordon College in Wenham, Mass. and USM in Gorham, Me. I hold a B.A. in Music. I studied Piano, and music composition and have had two music books published. One is a String Quartet in a minor, and the other is a series of piano works called, “Songs for Piano 1″.

I have been a piano and voice instructor for over 30 years, including teaching at Gould Academy, Hebron Academy, Carroll’s School of Music and also in my home studio. I also play piano for the Bethel Inn. I have always loved music but also art, and in the last few years I have found myself finding more time to work in painting and photography. The more I do the more excited I become and hopefully will improve too. I owned and operated the Maine St. Center for the Arts in Norway for 4 years.

I now show in various art shows such as the Norway art festival, Founders day on Paris Hill, The Moore park show and the Portland art show. I have shown work in E. Rawding Studios, and the Lajos Matolcsy Arts Center in Norway.

ellen.rawding@yahoo.com

207-743-8557

Edit

No comments:

Post a Comment