Friday, April 22, 2011

I Can't Get Past My Husband's Affair - How to Forgive the Unforgivable!

I Can't Get Past My Husband's Affair - How to Forgive the Unforgivable!

Article Word Count: 515 [View Summary] Comments (0)

I can't get past my husband's affair. What victim of a marital affair has not thought of that? Perhaps you thought you could and you are really trying to. You want your marriage to work, but you don't know how to move past your husband's infidelity. You made it past the hardest part, which was finding out about the affair. But now what?

There are a few facts that you must understand before you can ever start to get over the affair. Things will never be "normal" again. You will not wake up feeling okay with what happened. You will never forget what happened, but how can you possibly forgive him? Here's the good news...you don't have to forgive him to get past the affair!

Before you call me crazy, understand that you do have to resolve your feelings in one way or another. But when wives can forgive their husband's after an affair, and they want their marriage to work, they learn acceptance.

If You Can't Forgive, Accept Reality Instead

Although there are different definitions of forgiveness, most women feel that if they forgive their husbands it's like telling them that everything is fine. Forgiveness feels like you're telling him that his behavior was acceptable. But you will never think his behavior was acceptable!

But acceptance is different. Acceptance means that you accept the reality of the situation. You accept that he broke your marriage vows. You accept that you want to save your marriage. Acceptance means that your tired of being stuck in the limbo between what your marriage once was and what you want your marriage to be.

From Acceptance To Happiness

When you just can't get past your husband's infidelity, it's like your stuck in limbo. You still have obsessive thoughts racing through your head. Like "Was there something I did that made him cheat?" or "Maybe I'm not pretty/smart/skinny/successful/sexy enough". And you still wake up in the middle of the night wondering if he's doing it again...

Getting past an affair takes time. It also takes support. You are certainly not the first wife to go through this incredibly painful process and the good news is that there is hope for your marriage. You've already made the hard choice to stay married to your husband after his affair. Now you have to start living again.

Moving Past Your Husband's Affair

In a perfect world, when a husband had an affair and you both decide that your marriage is important enough to repair, you would be able to forgive him and move on. But this is not a perfect world and you have been through the wringer. Your heart has been broken and the foundation of your marriage has been shattered. It's that simple.

Although you will have days when you say to yourself "I can't get past my husband's affair", you can get past living in this limbo of unhappiness, stress and anger. Give yourself time, learn to accept if not forgive and you will find that you will eventually get past your husband's infidelity.

Get Immediate Help Right Now and Survive Your Husband's Affair
Get instant access to a FREE email course and uncover the 21-most effective steps marriage counselors are using to help their clients survive an affair.

  • Erase the images from your mind...
  • Rebuild your self-esteem...
  • How to talk about the details...
  • How to find out why it happened...
  • Why you don't need to forgive...
  • 10 things you must do TODAY...
  • Decide if you should stay or go...
Click Here to receive this report and Marriage Sherpa's FREE email course for surviving the affair.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Alex_Mckensie

Alex Mckensie - EzineArticles Expert Author

Close
MLA Style Citation:
Mckensie, Alex "I Can't Get Past My Husband's Affair - How to Forgive the Unforgivable!." I Can't Get Past My Husband's Affair - How to Forgive the Unforgivable!. 12 Apr. 2011 EzineArticles.com. 22 Apr. 2011 <http://ezinearticles.com/?I-­Cant-­Get-­Past-­My-­Husbands-­Affair-­-­-­How-­to-­Forgive-­the-­Unforgivable!&id=6170863>.
APA Style Citation:
Mckensie, A. (2011, April 12). I Can't Get Past My Husband's Affair - How to Forgive the Unforgivable!. Retrieved April 22, 2011, from http://ezinearticles.com/?I-­Cant-­Get-­Past-­My-­Husbands-­Affair-­-­-­How-­to-­Forgive-­the-­Unforgivable!&id=6170863
Chicago Style Citation:
Mckensie, Alex "I Can't Get Past My Husband's Affair - How to Forgive the Unforgivable!." I Can't Get Past My Husband's Affair - How to Forgive the Unforgivable! EzineArticles.com. http://ezinearticles.com/?I-­Cant-­Get-­Past-­My-­Husbands-­Affair-­-­-­How-­to-­Forgive-­the-­Unforgivable!&id=6170863

Most Recent EzineArticles from the Relationships:Affairs Category:

Most Published EzineArticles in the Relationships:Affairs Category (60 days)

  1. My Husband Is Having An Affair, What Do I Do? Recovering From an Affair
  2. Recovering From An Emotional Affair - How To Cope With The Initial Trauma
  3. Surviving An Affair - 5 Most Painful Shockwaves You Will Face: Be Prepared!
  4. 3 Steps in Recovering From An Emotional Affair - Overcoming The Post Affair Images
  5. After The Affair - How to Decide If Your Marriage Is Really Over
  6. 7 Heart-Wrenching Emotions You Will Have To Face When Surviving An Affair
  7. Surviving An Affair - 4 Heartbreaking Emotions That You Have To Overcome
  8. My Wife Cheated on Me While Drunk - It Was Just Once, But I Can't Let It Go
  9. How to Put Your Family Back Together After Cheating - Actions Speak Louder than Words
  10. Are You Struggling With Self-Doubt and Low Self Esteem After an Affair?

 

This article has been viewed 35 time(s).
Article Submitted On: April 12, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment